New scale up videos
If you were at the Fifth Global Symposium for Health Systems Research in October you may have attended sessions on health intervention scale-up. Some sessions featured PERFORM2Scale team members while others were on the project itself.
If you missed them or want to revisit them – bearing in mind the ‘Lessons on scaling-up’ session was described by one attendee as “the best session at the symposium” – videos of the sessions are available below (links open in YouTube).
Scaling-up health system interventions
- 'Factors influencing the scale-up of public health interventions in low and middle-income countries' by Susan Bulthuis, Royal Tropical Institute, Netherlands
- 'PERFORM2Scale - Building national capacity for managing scale up of health system interventions' by Dr Joanna Raven, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Lessons on scaling-up interventions to improve equitable access to health care
- Introduction to the session – Tim Martineau, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- 'From Proper Care Go Vap to IMPACT-TB for a Zero TB Viet Nam' by Dr Luan Vo, Friends for International TB Relief (FIT), Vietnam, (IMPACT-TB)
- 'Scaling-up safe surgery for district and rural populations in Africa' by Dr Jakub Gajewski, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (SURG-Africa)
- 'PERFORM2Scale - strengthening district-level management to achieve Universal Health Coverage' by Dr Joanna Raven, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Panel discussion lead by Dr Peter Fajans ExpandNet Secretariat, France. Also featuring Prof Yoswa Dambisya, East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community (ECSA-HC), Tanzania
The WHO report referred to by Peter Fajans, 'Beginning With The End In Mind', can be found on the ExpandNet website.