PERFORM2Scale Research – Our Questions
Our research focus is divided into three:
• an initial context analysis,
• the management strengthening intervention (MSI) itself, and
• how it can be scaled-up both horizontally (its geographic spread) and vertically (embedded within the health system).
We are considering both the process of delivering the MSI and scale-up, eg the tools we are using in the initiative, and also the outcomes of our intervention, eg has management been strengthened at the district level and how is that change manifest.
Our findings are being presented through a number of academic papers, briefing papers, reports, webinars and presentations which are available in the resources section of this website, but a summary is available here.
Initial context analysis
• How might the country’s political and economic structures influence the scale-up of the management strengthening intervention (MSI)?
• How might stakeholders and the relationships between these stakeholders influence the scale-up of the MSI?
• How might stakeholders and their inter-relationships influence the scale-up of the MSI?
Management Strengthening Intervention (MSI)
• How is the MSI implemented?
• How do various factors, processes & initiatives facilitate or hinder the implementation of the MSI?
• What are the effects of the MSI on management strengthening, workforce performance and service delivery?
• What are the costs of the MSI?
• How is the MSI scale-up strategy implemented?
• How do various factors, processes and initiatives facilitate or hinder the implementation of the scale up of the MSI?
• What are the outcomes/ effects of scaling up the MSI?
• What are the costs of scaling up the MSI?
• How valid is the scale-up strategy?