The PERFORM2Scale end-of-project webinar
To mark the conclusion of our research, the EU-funded PERFORM2Scale project held a webinar - Lessons from PERFORM2Scale: Experiences of district-level management strengthening at scale. During the session we revealed the lessons learnt during our study and the potential applications of our approach to scaling-up.
The webinar featured:
- Introduction to the project and its research methods - Tim Martineau, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Key findings from the research - Dr Joanna Raven, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Panel presentations and discussions:
- ~Dr Benedict Richard Bekui, Director of Health Services at Atiwa West District in Ghana, spoke on the effect of the management strengthening intervention on DHMT management, workforce performance and service delivery in Ghana.
- ~ Dr Justine Namakula from the Uganda Country Research Team considered how the management strengthening intervention was integrated into the country's Quality Improvement framework.
- ~ Dr Bongani Chikwapulo is Chief Quality Management Officer at the Malawi Ministry of Health and a member of the Resource Team in Malawi. He considered the scale-up strategy in Malawi, how it was facilitated by the Quality Management Directorate of the Ministry of Health and its future in the country.
- ~Dr Maryse Kok of KIT Royal Tropical Institute will chair the panel discussion
- Q&A session