PERFORM2Scale at HSR2022
PERFORM2Scale had good representation at HSR2022. We presented an organised session, spoke at a session on learning sites, and presented several posters, all of which you can see below.
The power and politics of scaling-up a health systems intervention: lessons from Uganda, Ghana and Malawi
Watch a recording of this session here. You can download the slide from the same page.
Many effective health systems interventions can contribute to achieving UHC, but scale-up remains a challenge. Scale-up is influenced by power and politics at the district, regional and national levels of the health system as well as individual and institutional incentives. This organised session provides lessons on effective scale-up design and implementation based on the team's experiences during PERFORM2Scale.
- Bongani Chikwapulo - Quality Management Directorate, Ministry of Health, Malawi
- Joanna Raven, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Joseph Okware, Director of Governance and Regulation, Ministry of Health, Uganda
- Patricia Akweongo, School of Public Health, University of Ghana
- Olivier Onvlee, KIT, Netherlands
Part of the 'Politics and policies of health systems' strand.
- Learning from the use of participatory action research methodologies to strengthen management skills of DHMTs in Ghana and Malawi - view the poster here
- Health Leadership and Management Development in Malawi: Towards a Theory for Health Systems Strengthening - download this poster here
- Using a theory of change in monitoring, evaluating and steering scale-up of a district-level health management strengthening intervention - read the poster here
- Lessons learned from the evaluation of a five-year capacity strengthening strategy to support implementation and scale-up of a management strengthening intervention in Ghana, Uganda, and Malawi - view the poster here
- What do we mean by individual capacity strengthening for primary health care in low- and middle-income countries? A systematic scoping review to improve conceptual clarity - download the poster here