Data collection fieldwork manual and tools
Below you will find the PERFORM2Scale data collection fieldwork manual and all associated resources. This is a guide to conducting health systems research on scaling-up a Management Strengthening Intervention (MSI). This manual is based on the work of this programme in Ghana, Malawi and Uganda.
PERFORM2Scale was a complex study and we recognised the need to develop approaches to ensure that the research teams had shared understandings of the research and tools, and followed a similar approach to data collection, management and analysis across the three country settings. One of these approaches was the development of this fieldwork manual and data collection tools.
These documents are available for you to adapt and use as you see fit. If you do use them it would be good to hear from you and for a suitable acknowledgement in any publications you produce.
- Data collection fieldwork manual - within this manual you will find links to the relevant tools (listed below)
- Tool 1 - Desk review tool
- Tool 2 - CRT reflection
- Tool 3 - Semi-structured interview guide
- Tool 4 - Integrated tracking costing tool
- Tool 5 - Scale-up assessment (process evaluation)
- Tool 6 - MSI interview guide
- Tool 7 - CRT reflection (process evaulation)
- Tool 8 - Document review (process evaulation)
- Tool 9 - Interview guide for additional stakeholders (process evaulation)
- Tool 10 - District situation analysis tool
- Tool 11 - HMIS synthesis tool
- Tool 12 - DHMT management capacity tool
- Tool 13 - DHMT decision space tool
- Tool 14 - Health worker survey